Join me for creative stitching in my class, Embroider on Sweaters (and more!)!
Do you love the look of embroidery on sweaters and accessories?
Are you looking to learn new skills with a fun, creative project?
Ready to add embroidery to a basic sweater?
In this class I'll share loads of inspiration and ideas to get your creative juices flowing. You'll learn what kinds of yarns to use and the best sweaters and knit accessories to stitch on. We'll explore a variety of embroidery stitches and practice on a stitch sampler. Once you learn the basics, we'll move on to the projects, starting with a cozy pair of wrist warmers. The class culminates in a final project which will be a beautiful one of a kind sweater (No knitting required!)
Enrolled Students Will Receive:
- A solid foundation of basic embroidery skills while completing a stitch sampler plus 2 embroidered projects
- Photo tutorials and video lessons showing step-by-step embroidery techniques
- Tips for selecting sweaters and accessories (perhaps from your own closet!) suitable for embroidery
- Inspirational images for your reference
- Multiple flower designs to choose from for embellishing your knitwear
- Forever access to a members only “classroom” to share ideas, ask questions and get tips from myself and other members
What You'll Need:
- Basic needlework tools: Tapestry needle, scissors, transfer tools
- A sweater or accessory and knitted swatches or sweater scraps
- Wool tapestry yarns or various yarns from your stash
Are you ready to join the fun?
Join now and stitch at your own pace on your own time. Scroll down for FAQ's!
Let's Get Creative!
These wrist warmers were embroidered and sewn from a felted wool sweater. Learn how to make your own!
This sweater was a plain cardigan from the thrift store. It looks brand new, updated with floral embroidery!
Frequently Asked Questions
Hello! I'm Betz White, designer, author and lifelong maker. I love designing projects made with felt, fabric and fiber then sharing how to make them with others! My goal is to help ignite your creative spirit and have fun along the way.
You can find out more about me at www.betzwhite.com
I'm thrilled to be offering this class! As a long time lover of knitwear and needlework, it's been a joy to bring the two together. I hope you'll join me for some creative stitching that will brighten your day!