Storybook Stitching Class: A Visit from St. Nicholas
Make a Christmas Keepsake Box and Ornament
Create a Holiday Classic!
In this online class we’ll create a holiday heirloom: A jolly ol’ St. Nick felt ornament nestled in an appliquéd and embroidered keepsake box. This class includes a custom printed fabric scene to line the book box and begin the story, “‘Twas the night before Christmas…”
Class Members will receive:
• 9” x 12” custom printed organic cotton sateen illustration to line the box you’ll create
• Complete materials list with links to resources
• Printable pattern templates
• SVG cut files for use with a Cricut or other home cutting machine (optional!)
• Downloadable illustrated stitch diagram glossary
• Video library of embroidery stitches
• Pre-recorded video and step-by-step photo tutorials showing detailed construction and embellishment techniques
• Access to a members only “classroom” to ask questions and share ideas with myself and other members
• Content that is yours forever!
What else you’ll need:
• 12 sheets of wool blend felt
• Specialty felt in Black and White Glitter and White Fur (optional)
• Felt ball for Santa’s head
• Embellishments such as floss, beads, sequins, baker’s twine, pipe cleaner, jingle bell, etc
• Adhesives: Glue, glue stick, fusible web, freezer paper and water soluble transfer paper
• Peltex firm stabilizer
• Embroidery and beading needles
After enrolling, you'll get access to the class lessons and a coupon code to redeem for the included printed book panel at no extra cost (free US shipping included, international shipping charges apply) No kit or other materials are included with the class.
Let's Get Creative!
Hello! I'm Betz White, designer, author and lifelong maker. I love designing projects made with felt, fabric and fiber then sharing how to make them with you! My goal is to help ignite your creative spirit and have fun along the way.
You can find out more about me at www.betzwhite.com
Frequently Asked Questions
Holiday crafting is such a joyous tradition. Taking the time to sit and create can add some calm to an otherwise busy season. I hope you'll join me in making a lovely heirloom you'll enjoy bringing out for years to come!