Join me for a super fun Halloween project, the Spookyville Mansion!
The Spookyville Mansion is a fantastic addition to your Halloween decor! Placed on your mantel or as a centerpiece for your table, it's the perfect way to usher in "spooky season".
Spookyville Mansion Class
Learn to Make a Fun Felt Halloween House!
In this class I'll show you how to make the Spooky Mansion with gorgeous wool blend felt and simple embroidery stitches. The fusible stabilizer is easy to use and gives it great structure!
- We'll get started by discussing the tools and materials you'll need to create your Mansion!
- You'll get an embroidery stitch library with a printable glossary as well as some handy video tutorials
- There are 10 pages of pattern templates to download and print
- Then we'll be ready to tackle the project, with step by step photographs
- We'll cut out the felt pieces and move on to embroidering the details
- Next we'll fuse the embroidered felt to the Peltex stabilizer for structure and add vellum for the windows
- After the walls are complete it's time to make our project 3D! We'll glue the walls together and add a little hand stitching
- The last steps will be adding the base, roofs and maybe a few other little doo-dads
- Bonus lesson! Just for fun, I've got a little pumpkin bonus tutorial for you at the end for a finishing touch!
- At anytime you may add (or subtract!) any details you'd like to truly make this project your own!
- Feel free to ask questions (and share images if you'd like) along the way in our virtual "classroom"
Skill Level: If you've made any small hand stitched sewing projects from a book or pattern and feel comfortable cutting, gluing and using an iron, you've got this!
Optional supply packs are available for purchase! I've partnered with Benzie Design to supply you with all of the materials you'll need to make your village.
Hello! I'm Betz White, designer, author and lifelong maker. I love designing projects made with felt, fabric and fiber then sharing how to make them with others! My goal is to help ignite your creative spirit and have fun along the way.
You can find out more about me at www.betzwhite.com